Saturday, May 1, 2010

Episode 31 - The "Shindig" Fieldtrip

This week I had my first ... and second...field trip of my year in Kindergarten.
On Thursday we went to see the movie Oceans. It was in a movie theatre and I got popcorn and pop! It was awesome.
Then on Friday we went to this thing called the Shindig. I really didn't know what that meant. My mom went on both fieldtrips, but she only rode the bus on Friday. It was fun, I got to sit by her.
Anyway, this Shindig turned out to be this choir performance by one of the high schools here (even though we actually went to the college to see it). This choir was the state champion of 2010.
The theme was all about super heros. They did songs about a whole bunch of them. Superman, Spiderman, Batman, Mighty Mouse (I have no idea who that is anyway), Underdog, Mario and Luigi, and some others I can't remember. It was pretty fun to watch. They did a lot of dancing around instead of just standing there like other choirs.
When we went outside Ms. Underpants was standing there, so my mom took a picture of her with me and my friends.
You can't really see because I am standing in front of her, but she has boy underwear on OVER her pants. It looked really funny!

Here's my class on the bus.
My teacher, Mrs. Riley, is on the bottom on the left of that picture.

On the way home something crazy happened. A kid on the sidewalk threw a ROCK and it hit our window and broke it. It broke next to Mrs. Riley. My mom even got hit by a piece of the glass. Here's what the window looked like.
It looked kind of cool. The whole window was broken into a hundred million little pieces, even though only that little hole was the only part that actually fell out.

Here's what the window looked like from the outside.
Two field trips two days in a row! What an awesome week for me!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment