Monday, July 28, 2014

Season 6 - Episode 1 - My Summer Travels

Somehow Season 5 went by with no episodes.  Sorry folks.
Season 6 is now about my life at age 10.
I've now finished the 4th grade and am soon headed to the 5th.  My summer has been fun and relaxing.  The day school got out in May this year, my family headed to Utah for my sister, Cassidee's, baptism.  I was happy to see my sister get baptized.  It was great to see my cousins and extended family while we were there.
One day in Utah my cousin Brynley and I were at this park with a pond.  Brynley dropped me on the cement and made me get a big scar on my elbow. I also got to have a sleepover with my cousins Lyndsi and Hailey and my sister Cassidee at Grandmama's house. At the end of the week all my Riskedahl-side cousins had a huge sleepover at my Aunt Ronda's house.  My mom and all my aunts had a weekend getaway and Dad and Uncle Ron were in charge of all the kids for 2 days.
Then we packed up with some of my favorite cousins, Kari and Addison, and headed to North Dakota to see my Nana and Papa Riskedahl.  We stayed at the farm in Tuttle and had a blast.  My friend Paige came to visit from Arizona.  We cleaned the clubhouse that used to be my Great Grandma and Grandpa Riskedahl's house back in the 1940's and 50's.  It's a really old house with no bathroom or running water.  As we washed the floor, we ran to the big house and back a million times for water and soap.  We made Kallie be the go-getter.  She's Paige's little sister.
I got to ride horses with my favorite Great Aunt Donna.  She is the best because she gives us a special breakfast with donuts, cheetos, and oreos.  Uncle Duane, Papa's brother, gave me and Kari a ride out on his Big Red around the farm.  We got to go look for frogs, but I guess, this year was not the frog year because we didn't find any.  Last year we caught a bunch of frogs when all the cousins were there at the farm.
We left Addison with Nana and Papa and took Kari with us back to her house where it was really hot.  So we ran around in the sprinklers.  The next day we made a spa in the bathroom where we put lotion on our face and cucumbers on our eyes and laid on towels on the floor while our moms took pictures.  They thought it was hilarious.  It was a lot of fun.
When we got home it was really late at night.  I was really happy to finally get home and rest from all that traveling.  We started swimming lessons with our church friends, the Carlings.  I think I am the best at swimming, but I'm probably not.  I'm really fast at all the different strokes, but sometimes I do them wrong.  My favorite is the butterfly stroke.  But at first my favorite was the back stroke because we didn't yet know the butterfly arms.  We started reading the books for the summer reading program at the library.  Cassidee heard that she could try to win a Kindle if she reads the most books.  She read a lot, over 175 books.  Me, on the other hand, was just trying to get fun toys to play with.  But when I got enough book bucks to get what I really wanted this other girl got what I really wanted and there were no more left.
This past week we didn't get to go to swimming lessons because too many people got sick and Sis. Carling went camping.  Today we went shopping to get school supplies.  It was fun but when my mom found out we were taking too long she almost started running.  We got home and one of her piano students was waiting at the door.  Me and my siblings went out to the shed to find the new backpacks.  I looked in every box and I guess I miss them anyway.  Mom had to find them for us.  I am excited to go to 5th grade.
We also had my favorite dinner tonight, Biscuits and Gravy.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment