Saturday, October 17, 2009

Episode 19 - The Slow Eater

My mother packs me a honey sandwich everyday for lunch. That's all I want. I don't want peanut butter and jelly, ham and cheese, or anything else. And definitely not something from school lunch.
The last few days I've come home with about half my sandwich left. My mom gets a little irate because she thinks a half a sandwich isn't enough for lunch. I always tell her that I just don't have enough time. A lunch lady always comes and says, time's up, put your stuff away and go outside for recess. Still my moms just says that I need to eat faster.
Today at lunch, (I was eating slowly again) I confessed to Dad (Mom happened to hear it too) that I'm the only one in my class that doesn't finish their lunch at school. I guess I am just slow.
My mom started laughing. She said something about me being just like her in Kindergarten. I don't really know what she's talking about, but she thought it was funny. But then she got serious again and said, "EAT FASTER!"

2 comments:

  1. Oh Emmie I know exactly what your mom is talking about. I will some day tell you the story of your mom the slow eater!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what goes around, comes around....

    ReplyDelete