Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Episode 20 - The Flu Shot

Yesterday my mother told my the most horrendous news. A flu shot was coming my way the next day. I immediately started crying! Mom was a little annoyed at me because the shot wasn't until the next day anyway. I hate shots...with a passion. They are the most horrid thing ever and I never ever want to get another one, ever again. I stressed about it all night and into this morning. As I walked out the door to the bus this morning I was still telling her how much I didn't want to get a shot.
I was pouting at the school when my mom came to get me. (I was gone for about an hour and a half during lunch.)
I started to cry again as I got into the car.
I pouted as the receptionist checked us in. She tried to convince me that it wouldn't hurt. Yeah, right!
I sat in the corner (not happy) in the doctor's room waiting for the nurse to come in.
Then...a miracle happened. (My praying paid off!!!!)
She said that since I was more than two years old I could get a nasal mist dose instead of a shot!!! It felt funny going up my nose and I had to sniff a bunch of times, but I never even cried! And I got two stickers. (Actually I got four because I took Adam's, he didn't really care anyway.)
It was amazing, the rest of the day went so much better! I think every shot in the world needs to be a nasal mist dose. If needles went away forever the world would be a better place.

1 comment:

  1. i think needles need to go away too. good job on the sticker-snatching!

    ReplyDelete